Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Salon

It's Sunday! Thankfully tomorrow is a holiday. It's always nice to have one more day...

I didn't have a good reading week this week. I'm still reading Nanny Returns, which is turning out be a disappointment. My anticipation to read this book has been high as I enjoyed The Nanny Diaries. Unfortunately, I'm finding myself reading passages as I find myself a bit lost in the storyline. I've decided to keep reading as I am curious to know more about Nanny's relationship with Grayer now that he's older.

I spent the week listening to Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich and narrated by Lorelei King. Although I enjoyed Ms. King's portrayal of the characters, the plot was flat and very repetitive. You can read my review here.

One good thing did occur with my reading: I finally read Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson, M.D. This book has received raved reviews and I've been wanting to read it for awhile now.

Looking forward to a better reading week!

3 comments:

  1. I just received Nanny Returns so I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't seem that great...perhaps it will improve for you?

    Have a great week Shon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane-

    Maybe you will enjoy it. I'm not sure what your expectations are and I'm certainly not saying don't read it. I'm curious to know what you think after you've had the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem with Nanny Returns

    ReplyDelete