Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

Happy Spring everyone! It's Sunday once again. . . this month is really going by fast. I didn't get much reading done again this week. I feel my life is heading in a new direction and God is really moving in my life, therefore my priorities have shifted quite a bit these last few weeks. The time I usually spend reading, I am now doing other things that are getting me prepared for what God has for me. It's an exciting time for me!

Friday I did finish listening to The Host. Honestly, I'm debating on whether I will write a review or not. I'm not quite sure what I will say. It's not that I didn't like the book, but at the same time I didn't enjoy it either. I'm very conflicted at the moment, so I think it's best if I not say anything. Well, at least not now.

It's been two weeks and I'm still reading Handle with Care. I usually finish reading a Jodi Picoult book in days. Granted, I'm not spending the same amount of time reading this book as I did for her past novels, but I'm hoping to finish tonight. I've blocked out time this evening (yes, I made an appointment with myself!) to devote to reading this book. It's such a deep, thought-provoking read, that I almost regret reading it now because of all that is going on with me.

Yesterday I spent a few hours at the library while my cats had their physicals. I managed to read four books for the Young Readers Challenge. I also signed up for the Spring Reading Thing 2009 Challenge and completed the Winter Reading Challenge this week.

How are you spending your Sunday?

1 comment:

  1. I've spent most of the day reading other people's blogs! Very addictive. I'm just now sitting down to read a book, Harold Pinter's Complete Works: One.

    ReplyDelete