Saturday, April 21, 2012

Let's. . . READ!!



It's time for Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon!  I love this day.... a guilt-free day of reading.  Luckily for me, today I didn't have any plans (rare for a Saturday), so at 8am I will be curled up on my couch with my book (and more than likely my two cats will join me).

The Books
I like to start the Read-a-Thon with a new book, however I'm still reading HOW TO EAT A CUPCAKE by Meg Donohue.

I HEART the cover!

It's the author's debut novel about two former high school friends who have not spoken in over a decade.  They reconnect and decide to open a cupcakery together.  As expected, unresolved issues are boiling at the surface as each woman tries to make peace with the past.  It's really good and I'm craving cupcakes.  I just want to take one from the cover's display window!

I have three mini stacks of books on my coffee table.  I've been adding and removing books all week.  I just can't make up my mind!  My indecisiveness comes from an overflowing library book stack, recent purchases and April new releases.  I just want to read them all, but sadly I know I cannot.  I did decide to read books that are 350 pages or less.

Who knows what I'll end up reading.  Maybe a book from one of these stacks, or a book from my shelves, or possibly my Kindle.  For now, I'm settling down with HOW TO EAT A CUPCAKE.

In keeping with my Read-a-Thon tradition, I have cinnamon rolls to bake for breakfast.  Before 8am.  Which is exactly 18 minutes from now!

Are you planning to participate in the Read-A-Thon?  If so, let me know so I can stop by and say "HI!"

Have fun reading!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love cinnamon rolls! Hope you're enjoying them. I baked a blueberry coffee cake which is delicious (but then, it's afternoon here in the Netherlands).

    Have fun with your first book!

    ReplyDelete