Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Sheila, of One Persons Journey Through a World of Books, is the host of It's Monday! What Are You Reading? This is a weekly event to share what we read last week, what we are currently reading and what books we plan to read this week.

Recently read:

  • Pinch Me - Adena Halpern
    Summary: Lily learns about a family curse when she announces her engagement to her mother and grandmother.
  • Silver Girl - Elin Hilderbrand
    Summary: Meredith seeks refuge at her friend Connie's Nantucket home after her husband is arrested for stealing his clients' investments.
  • Maine - J. Courtney Sullivan
    Summary: Four main characters narrate this story. This particular summer finds each sharing the family's Maine summer home.
I'm reading:
  • The First Husband - Laura Dave
I'm listening to:
  • Tick Tock - James Patterson
Reading soon:
  • Deep Down True - Juliette Fay
What are you reading this week?

7 comments:

  1. I'm just finishing up ROOM by Emma Donoghue. A wonderful read but one that I'd been putting off for awhile due to the subject matter. I'm so glad I picked it up. I was nicely surprised at how different the tone of the book felt compared to what I expected. Love that!
    Next up? "Mistress of Rome" by Kate Quinn. It's a historical fiction read set in 1st century Rome. After that I have oodles of ebooks on my kindle to catch up on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the synopsis you put on each book...

    I want to listen to Tick Tock - I have listened to that whole series on audio and LOVE IT! I can not even believe I have waited this long to find it....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maine looks like my kind of read.

    Have a great week

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Silver Girl! Tick Tock is one I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, nice books there! I have Maine on my TBR and a couple of the others I had thought about adding :) Enjoy! Rae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... sorry if I already commented here. I thought I had but do not see it now so will just say again that I like your short book summary's. Silver Girl is one I am interested in.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete