YAY! It's official! Summer is here! It has been (and will continue to be this week) hot and sticky in northern VA. And you know what? I love it! Yep... I'm the girl who loves the hot, humid, muggy days of summer. I'm thrilled when the temperatures are 90 degrees and higher. The only downside is, I'm a runner and it's quite challenging to run in this weather. So I either run first thing in the morning or after work in the evenings.
As of late, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my reading so far this year. As usual, the number of library books I've read is triple the number of books I've read that I own. A few weeks ago, Mary of Bookfan challenged herself to read books that have been on her TBR list for several months. These books were either purchased by her or giveaway wins. So I asked her if I could join her as well and she agreed.
My summer reading challenge officially begins today and will end Sept. 6 (Labor Day). My goal is to read at least 10 books that I own. Here's a list of books I randomly pulled from my shelves:
- 29 - Adena Halpern
- Balancing Acts - Zoe Fishman
- Between Friends - Kristy Kiernan
- Bundle of Trouble - Diana Orgain
- Commencement - J. Courtney Sullivan
- Dead Air - Mary Kennedy
- House Rules - Jodi Picoult
- Italian for Beginners - Kristin Harmel
- Live to Tell - Wendy Corsi Staub
- Motherhood is Murder - Diana Orgain
- Second Time Around - Beth Kendrick
- The Beach House - Jane Green
- The Bright Side of Disaster - Katherine Center
- The One That I Want - Allison Scotch Winn
Will I read 10 from this list? Will the list change by summer's end? Stay tuned to find out.
What are your summer reading plans?