Friday, June 4, 2010

Runaway - Meg Cabot

Book Summary:
Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself.

With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope. . .what's the point of even going on?

But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to.

Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved—since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed—this time, permanently?

Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running. (Taken from dust jacket)

My thoughts:
Runaway is the third and final installment in the Airhead series. Readers learn the secret Stark has been hiding and how he plans to profit from it. Em is busy trying to stop him while attempting to save her relationship with Christopher. Living as Nikki Howard defnitely has its perks, but Em also realizes how far she is from her former life. Trying to balance the "old" Em with the "new" Nikki is challenging, but in the end she may just have the best of both worlds.

Cabot did the trilogy justice with the ending of Runaway. I enjoyed meeting Em, Christopher, Frieda, Lulu and of course, Cosabella, Nikki's dog. It's hard for me to write this review without spoilers. I will say, though, fans of the Airhead series will not be disappointed.

Book details:
Series: Airhead #3
ISBN-13: 978-0-545-04060-0
Pages: 310
Year Published: 2010
Genre: YA Fiction (Series)
Format: Hardback
Source: Library

3 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog - I love it and read the same things you do!! I found in one of your sunday salon's you live in alexandria I do too! I was bummed to find I can not follow your blog - but definitely bookmarking it to check in!

    http://krittersramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shonda! Thanks for visiting today. This sounds like a rather entertaining series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of Meg Cabot's books. I think i'll try this series. Great post.

    ReplyDelete