Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Salon

It's cold, damp and rainy here (day 4 of this weather). Perfect excuse to lounge on my couch reading and drinking hot chocolate.

My reading is starting to pick up again. I finished Dying for Mercy by Mary Jane Clark yesterday and immediately began reading Pieces of Happily Ever After by Irene Zutell. It's a fast read and it appears as though the main character is talking to me rather than me reading the story (books written as such I always seem to enjoy).

I'm getting excited for Dewey's Read-a-Thon next weekend. This will be my first time participating. I've decided to make it easy on myself. I will be reading Children's and YA fiction books. I'm terribly behind on the Young Reader's Challenge and the read-a-thon will help me catch up. Not to mention since my reading hasn't been up to par these last few weeks, I would like a feeling of accomplishment and a gentle push to help me get back to my monthly reading average.

Of course as the read-a-thon gets closer, I may use Plan B: spending time reading The Testimony by Anita Shreve for Barney's Online Book Club. This will depend on how much I read during the week.

Finally, there's Plan C: reading cozy mysteries. I recently purchased two cozy mysteries, Heir of the Dog by Judi McCoy and Bundle of Trouble by Diana Orgain, that I really want to read soon. Actually before I can read Heir of the Dog (book two), I must read Hounding the Pavement (book one).

So, three different plans and lots to choose from. I guess in the end, it doesn't really matter if I choose one plan or another or try to incorporate all three. What's important is that I will spend my day reading!

Happy Sunday everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment