Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

Happy Father's Day!

It has been a slow reading week this week. I had many interruptions and wasn't able to read as much as I would have liked. I finished reading Airhead by Meg Cabot [review] and Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham [review]. Later this evening after I finish cleaning and preparing for another work week, I plan to start An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell.

In the past few weeks, I have been on a book shopping spree. I put all blame on Barnes & Noble and Borders. I received coupons and special offers from both that I just could not not use! Earlier today, as I walked by the three stacks of books I want to read (most contain books I just recently purchased) this summer, I actually had a small pang of buyer's guilt! This unfamiliar, yet troubling, feeling stayed with me for most of the afternoon.

To ease my shame for just a moment or two, I decided to suspend most of the holds I have at my library. I just discovered this convenient feature about a month ago when I sat patiently (ok, not so patiently) waiting for my name to be moved to the top of the list for six books. Weeks go by and nothing. Then suddenly, all six books arrive at the same time. (Why does that happen???)

Anyway, today I decided I MUST tackle my unread, purchased books. I have two holds in transient and five books currently checked out. When I've finished reading these books, I plan to start reading my own books. Hopefully I can start by July 15th. We'll see. I have to admit, I'm not very disciplined when it comes to limiting myself with library books. Baby steps, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment