Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

It has been awhile since I actually posted on my blog. This past week was very busy and I found myself faced with having to let things go. Unfortunately participating in weekly events and writing book reviews had to be pushed aside. A few weeks ago, I fell behind on my TV shows
(thank goodness for DVR) so I'm trying to catch up with them as well. Right now I'm up to date with Lost, 24, Grey's Anatomy and Law and Order: SVU. I still have Damages and ER to watch.

Anyway, back to reading. This week I finished Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich. It's a Stephanie Plum "Between-the-Numbers" book. Honestly, I don't know what to say about it, which is one of the reasons I have not written the review yet. I had decided to not add my name to the waitlist because I have been disappointed in the last 3-4 books in this series. About two weeks ago, I was at the library and noticed it was in the "Hot Picks" section (books that can only be checked out for two weeks and cannot be renewed) and just decided to check it out.

Well, last Sunday I decided to not read it and return it on Monday, but when I got to the library, I decided to keep it after all. So I had until Friday to finish reading it. I did manage to finish it and now I'm just thinking about what to say for my review.

Moving on. I'm still listening to Bras & Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski. Last week, I didn't to listen it as much during my commute. My mind was filled with work on my way home and I just couldn't focus on the story. The plan is to finish it this week. Currently I'm reading Shoots to Kill by Kate Collins, book 7 of the "Flower Shop Mystery" series featuring Abby Knight. I just started it today and so far I'm really enjoying it.

Hopefully this week will be back to normal and I won't feel so pushed and can resume my participation with weekly events.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the "Flower Shop Mystery" series, but it sounds like something I should check out. Also never heard of "Bras & Broomsticks," but that is really a great title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed "Bras and Broomsticks," I'm curious to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the words for a review just won't come will they? I had a couple of days like that last week. I think i had read too many books to qickly and there was =n't enough "settling" time between them.

    ReplyDelete