Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Time of My Life - Allison Winn Scotch

Title: Time of My Life
Author: Allison Winn Scotch
Genre: Chick Lit
ISBN: 0307408574
Date Finished: January 7
Pages: 283

From the outside looking in, it appears as though Jillian Westfield has the perfect life. After marrying and moving away from New York City into the suburbs, Jillan and her husband, Henry, have a daughter, Katie, a nice home and Jillian does not have to want for anything.

For Jillian, something is missing. She feels an emptiness inside, that she is uncertain if anything will ever fill it. Then one day while walking with a friend, she learns that her old flame, Jackson, is getting married. Trying to hide her true feelings, Jillian shrugs it off and politely wishes him the best. It's not until Jillian is alone that she allows her true feelings to emerge: what if Jackson was the one who got away? How different would her life be if she and Jackson never broke up and she never met and married Henry? To Jillian's surprise, she travels back in time to have those questions answered.

Time of My Life is a book for those of us who wake up one morning thinking: How did I get here? and There has to be more to my life than just this! Jillian gets the opportunity to attempt to correct those past mistakes and live the life she thinks she wants. As Jillian desperately tries to alter her future by cleaning up her past, she fails to realize that each action will have a consequence. She also comes to understand that no matter how hard she tries to manipulate situations to transform her life into what she wants it to be, events still occur that are out of her control. Jillian realizes running back into the past isn't always the answer. Just maybe, we need to release our past so that we may be able to fully appreciate what we have in front of us.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good book. I am going to put it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book as well - my review was similar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently purchased this book and have been really looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting - thanks for pointing it out to me! I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete