Thursday, January 8, 2009

Booking Through Thursday

The Best?

It's a week or two later than you expect, and it may be almost a trite question, but. . .what were your favorite books from 2008?

I posted my favorite reads earlier, so I will paste my response here:


Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult was my favorite read. I started this on January 1st and finished it a few days later. The book centers around the aftermath of a school shooting. Ms. Picoult also provides the history which led the student down the path of deciding to kill several of his classmates. Over the course of this year, I often thought about this book. It was such an emotional read for me and left me with more questions. This may be one that I will read again in the future. Highly recommended.



Here's a list of more of my favorite reads:

6 comments:

  1. I like range of genres you have listed! Makes reading fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Shonda. I bet alot of people will have the Twilight books on their favorites. I really enjoyed them. To kill a mockingbird will always be favorite book of mine. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of books, I have heard of some of them.
    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We read some of the same books and Firefly Lane is on my fav list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read some Jodi Picoult!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved Names My Sisters Call Me. Did you know that Megan Crane is working on a category romance right now?

    ReplyDelete