Monday, December 29, 2008

Musing Mondays


Book Recommendations

How often do you recommend books to others, and who do you recommend them to? Do you only recommend books to your "reading friends" or to anyone you think might find the book interesting? What does it take for a book to make it to your 'recommendation' list?

Whenever I read a really good book (one that was hard to put down, made me think, or I can't stop talking about) I will recommend it to anyone. I've recommended books to complete strangers in Border's before. Seriously... If a book is good, why not let everyone know? For the most part, I tend to recommend books to my reading friends. Not only do I recommend books, I also recommend authors. I tailor my recommendations to what each person reads. I have a handful of friends who will read across genres, however I also have friends who stay with one genre. I usually recommend books written by my favorite authors or my current favorite read.


1 comment:

  1. Nothing better than recommending books to strangers in the bookstore :)

    ReplyDelete