Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday Salon - Let's review

The Sunday Salon.com

First, I have to say, how is it July 6th???  This year is going entirely too fast for me.  

Moving on... this week was a good reading week for me.  I managed to finish three books:  Bloom, The Undomestic Goddess, and Twilight.  I read two new-to-me authors and joined three reading challenges.  I've read 64 books so far this year, which I'm pretty impressed with.  Last year, my goal was 52 and I read 60.  This year, I wanted to see if I could read at least 100 books.  At first, I thought it would be unrealistic, but now I think I may exceed it.

Currently, I'm reading Sail by James Patterson.  It's getting mixed reviews, but that never stops me from reading one of his books.  Personally, I think he does his best writing with the Alex Cross Series, but I guess I'm biased as that is my favorite series.  True to JP's style, the chapters are short and the plot is moving pretty quickly.  So I don't think it will take me very long to read.  Next in line, although in no particular order, I have Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich, New Moon by Stephenie Meyer, Married Lovers by Jackie Collins and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling.

I never got into the hype of Harry Potter, but now I have to say that I'm really looking forward to starting this series.  I guess I am one of the last 2 in the world who has not read this series.  Oh, well... better late than never I guess.

Sometime soon I need to start reading the books that I purchased but haven't read yet.  These books always seem to get pushed to the end of my TBR pile.  Library books get read first.  I continue to renew until I max out my renewal times and then I manage to pick up at least one of my purchased books.  I guess the most logical answer is to stop checking out so many library books and concentrate on reading what I have on my shelves.

Hmmm.... thank goodness I'm not logical!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment