Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Salon - Just Checking In

The Sunday Salon.com
It's been a quiet day for me so far.  I went to church this morning and stopped by the store to pick up a few grocery items.  I came home, ate breakfast and continued reading Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich.  I'm about 50 or so pages into the book and so far, it's just okay.  

I'm also reading Getting Things Done by David Allen.  I spent most of my day yesterday organizing, collecting or processing my system.  I went through every room in my house and just wrote what needs to be done (quite exhausting, but yet freeing).  I sat on my couch and just wrote every "to do" item that popped in my mind (personal, career, cats, family/friends, someday wish list) that I haven't had the chance to get to yet.  Everything is now out of my head and stored on my computer.  My hope is that this will help me get back to being organized.  I was incredibly organized when I was younger. . . how I long to be organized again.

I'm also listening to the audio book of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  I'm really enjoying it.  Jim Dale, the narrator, is doing an excellent job of bringing these characters to life.  I have to admit, I was a bit hesitant to listen to the audio book, but now I'm glad that I did.  It helps make my commute to and from work a little easier.

Good news!  I will receive another ARC from LibraryThing!  This will be my 2nd.  I'm excited about both books and can't wait for them to arrive.  Well, that's about it in my corner of the world today.  I will distract myself with the internet a few minutes more and then it's back to reading my book.  I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I've never been chosen to receive an ARC from LibraryThing. I don't know why. Is it just the luck of the draw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really good at planning what I'm going to do to get organised and even quite good at crossing the first couple of items off the list but then I always seem to get distracted and the rest never gets done. Perhaps I should look out for a copy of this David Allen book and see if it gets me any further along.

    ReplyDelete