Friday, July 25, 2008

2nd Unread Authors Challenge

Ariel, from Sycorax Pine, is hosting the 2nd Unread Authors Challenge.  Here are the rules:
  1. The challenge will run from August 1, 2008 to January 31, 2009. You may join at any time before or during those six months.
  2. During those six months, read at least SIX books by an author whose work you have never read before.
  3. You may choose six different "unread" authors to introduce yourself to, or you may choose just one or two and explore their work in greater depth.
  4. Authors may be drawn from any genre of literature. The only requirement is that they be authors whose work you substantially regret not having read yet.
  5. Your choices may overlap with other challenges you have underway.
I have a list of new-to-me authors that I want to read, so I decided to join.  Here is the list of authors I will choose from:
  • Maggie Barbieri
  • Claire Cook
  • Caprice Crane
  • Lisa Daily
  • Sarah Dessen
  • Rebecca Flowers
  • Whitney Gaskell
  • Gemma Halliday
  • Sherri Rifkin
  • Jennifer Weiner
I'm not sure if I will read 6 books by 6 different authors or read 1 or 2 books by 2 or 3 authors.  I'll see as I go along.

0 comments:

Post a Comment