Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com
Yesterday I spent my morning at a grand opening for a new public library.  I do have to admit that I was a bit restless during the program and festivities.  All I could think about was "Blah, blah, blah.  Just let us IN!!"  Finally it was over and everyone made a mad dash to get inside.  I have to say it was really nice.  All the books were brand new and I just wanted to check them all out!!  I did, however, end up checking out more than I can possibly read in the 3-week time period, but thank goodness for renewals.

I've been attempting to finish Wife Goes On by Leslie Lehr.  It's about four women who are on different paths of divorce and the friendship they share that helps them realize that there is life after divorce.  By page 215, I found myself just skimming the pages and finally I just didn't care about them.  I began thinking about all the books I checked out  yesterday, my summer reading list, and the challenges I need to complete and decided to just stop reading.  Life is just too short to read a boring book.  So, my next task is to decide which book to read next.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend a day. It's great when you find one brand new book in the library, but a whole library full of them - bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling about new books. Espically in a library. They're just so... new book-ish smelling! They need to make a candle called New Book Smell. I'd totally buy it. :))

    hope.

    ReplyDelete