Monday, June 23, 2008

Mrs. Perfect

"It hits me how hard this thing called life is and how ridiculous it is to make it any harder than it has to be." (p. 335)

"Perhaps it's time you stopped listening to that little voice in your head and grew a new voice. One that's nicer to you than the one you've got talking at you now." (p. 379)

"But isn't that the way it should be? We should never think we know everything. We should never imagine we see the whole picture or know the whole story." (p. 412)

Every chance I got today, I read this book. I could not pull myself away from it. I loved it. Definitely was a good follow-up to Odd Mom Out. Taylor Young lived her life based on appearances and frankly, it exhausted her. She appeared to be so put together, organized, confident and just made life seem to be easy. Little did her friends know how hard she worked to keep it together.

I liked this book because it helped me to remember that people present to us what they want us to see. We hardly ever see their messy side, the problems, the broken pieces. There's always more to the picture than what we see. Taylor's struggle was allowing herself to not be "on" all the time. To not be perfect. Taylor needed to allow herself permission to just be and to finally pull of the mask of Mrs. Perfect. (4.5/5)

2 comments:

  1. I just bought this book. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will like it. Have you read Odd Mom Out? If not, I'd recommend you read it prior to Mrs. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete