Sheila, of One Persons Journey Through a World of Books, is the host of It's Monday! What Are You Reading? This is a weekly event to share what we read last week, what we are currently reading and what books we plan to read this week.
I haven't participate in It's Monday! for awhile, so here are the books that I read since my last post.
- The First Husband - Laura Dave
Summary: After the abrupt break-up with her longtime boyfriend, Annie marries someone else.
- The Violets of March - Sarah Jio
Summary: Emily visits her great-aunt after her divorce is finalized. She discovers an old diary in her aunt's home that leads to understanding about her own family.
- A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness (audio book)
Summary: Diana Bishop comes from a family of witches, although she refuses to use her powers. When she discovers a manuscript, she suddenly finds herself surrounded by other witches, vampires and daemons.
- Kindred Spirits - Sarah Strohmeyer
Summary: After their close friend dies, three woman take a trip together to fulfill her last dying wish.
- I'll Walk Alone - Mary Higgins Clark (audio book)
Summary: After her little boy is kidnapped, Zan attempts to move forward with her life. On the anniversary of her son's kidnapping, evidence indicates Zan may have been involved.
- Everything Beautiful Began After - Simon Van Booy
- Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella
- Escape - Barbara Delinsky
- Cruel Love - Kate Brian
- Joy for Beginners - Erica Bauermeister