Monday, September 5, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Sheila, of One Persons Journey Through a World of Books, is the host of It's Monday! What Are You Reading? This is a weekly event to share what we read last week, what we are currently reading and what books we plan to read this week.

Recently read:

I haven't participate in It's Monday! for awhile, so here are the books that I read since my last post.
  • The First Husband - Laura Dave
    Summary: After the abrupt break-up with her longtime boyfriend, Annie marries someone else.
  • The Violets of March - Sarah Jio
    Summary: Emily visits her great-aunt after her divorce is finalized. She discovers an old diary in her aunt's home that leads to understanding about her own family.
  • A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness (audio book)
    Summary: Diana Bishop comes from a family of witches, although she refuses to use her powers. When she discovers a manuscript, she suddenly finds herself surrounded by other witches, vampires and daemons.
  • Kindred Spirits - Sarah Strohmeyer
    Summary: After their close friend dies, three woman take a trip together to fulfill her last dying wish.
  • I'll Walk Alone - Mary Higgins Clark (audio book)
    Summary: After her little boy is kidnapped, Zan attempts to move forward with her life. On the anniversary of her son's kidnapping, evidence indicates Zan may have been involved.
I'm reading:
  • Everything Beautiful Began After - Simon Van Booy
I'm listening to:
  • Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella
Reading soon:
  • Escape - Barbara Delinsky
  • Cruel Love - Kate Brian
  • Joy for Beginners - Erica Bauermeister
What are you reading this week?

9 comments:

  1. How was the audio of A Discovery of Witches? I see a lot of people reading the book. I just brought Joy for Beginners home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess, I haven't heard of any of these books. So many books, so little time.

    Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Everything Beautiful Began After and hope you are enjoying it as well. Have a fantastic week and happy reading.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to listen to Discovery Of Witches on audio! Welcome back to the meme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that 's a nice list.I can't wait to see what else you're reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your blog, is soo cute.

    And I'm a new follower!

    Psique @ Book Travels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your review of Everything Beautiful Began After. I've heard great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still struggling through The Haunted Hotel by Wilkie Collins.

    ReplyDelete