Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read-a-Thon: Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
I just finished reading The Bird House by Kelly Simmons. I haven't decided what to read next.

2. How many books have you read so far?
One

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
All in my TBR stack look good. I really don't have a favorite or "must read" book. Although other titles are coming to mind that are on my shelf that aren't included in the stack. So I'm not sure what I'll end up reading!

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I had appointments this morning that I would not cancel. The rest of the day has been free.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I did find myself getting sleepy very early and took a nap. I wasn't expecting to get tired so soon.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Due to my late start (I began reading at noon), it has taken me awhile to really get into reading. I've been somewhat unmotivated and at times really dragging. I feel a bit behind and it's impacting my reading. Going into these last hours, I've decided my attitude is to remember it's not a race, enjoy myself and just have fun.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, it's been running smoothly.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Go to bed earlier the night before, read shorter books and plan better for writing blog posts, amount of time on Twitter, visiting other blogs, etc.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes, but not as tired as I felt early on.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I read with my kitchen timer. I decide how long I want to read and set the timer. I also use it for breaks. This is the second time I've used my timer and it helps me stick to my reading schedule.

3 comments:

  1. It took me awhile to get reading as well. Good luck as we head into the last ten hours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great read-a-thon!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I could get off work to do something like this... I am an English teacher, you'd think it would be a job-related absence!

    ReplyDelete