Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Salon

On this chilly, first Sunday of December I am feeling very congested and battling periods of uncontrollable coughing fits. I came back from Thanksgiving feeling a bit sluggish, with a trace of a sore throat. By Tuesday evening, I knew I had my first cold of the season.

This weekend, I've been lounging around my house trying to relax and shake this cold. Usually this is the perfect time for me to read, but for whatever reason I really haven't been in the mood to read. Last night I did manage to start reading The Snow Globe by Sheila Roberts. I've been meaning to start this since Tuesday. I plan to finish it today as it's less than 200 pages. I originally wanted to spend December reading holiday-themed books, but now I am rethinking that. While doing chores this morning, I started listening to Promise Me by Richard Paul Evans. I'm about an hour into it and I am really enjoying it so far. These two may be the only holiday-themed books I will read. Up next will be Simply From Scratch by Alicia Bessette. I've been wanting to read this one for awhile now and finally managed to check it out from the library.

For the past two years or so I've always looked forward to early December to read about next year's reading challenges. As I've mentioned before, I want 2011 to be different for me reading wise. I've been thinking about goals and the books I want to read next year, with an emphasis on reading books from my shelves. So sticking to this plan means limiting myself to reading challenges. Surprisingly my favorite challenges aren't calling to me for next year, while two or three new ones are so very tempting. I do know I will sign-up for What's in a Name 4 hosted by Beth Fish Reads. Soon I'll have to begin writing my wrap-up posts for 2010 challenges.

That's it from my corner of the world. I plan to continue relaxing today and hope to finish The Snow Globe later this afternoon. I really want to work out sometime today, but the verdict is still out on that. (I think I'm going through working out withdrawal!) My other huge task is to finish my Christmas cards by Wednesday. Usually they are finished by now, but this cold has stalled my plans.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better soon, Shon. Being sick around the holidays is no fun!

    ReplyDelete