Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Secret of the Old Clock - Carolyn Keene

Mini-Review:
A few weeks ago, I began reading graphic novels and decided to read Nancy Drew. After finishing the second book in the series, I found myself thinking about the original Nancy Drew. As a young girl, I loved reading about Nancy's adventures and was fascinated with her detective skills. So once again I found myself in the children's section at the library looking for book one: The Secret of the Old Clock.

In The Secret of the Old Clock, Nancy Drew is on the hunt for a missing will. She's determined to correct a wrong caused by a greedy family to ensure that the slighted individuals are provided for as Mr. Crowley promised prior to his death.

I enjoyed re-reading this mystery. I still can see myself browsing the library at my elementary school for the next book in the series. Who knows, maybe I'll revisit this series again. Walking down memory lane has been fun...

Book details:
Series: Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #1
ISBN-10: 0-448-09501-7
Pages: 180
Year Published: 1930
Genre: Children's Mystery (Series)
Format: Hardback
Source: Library

1 comment:

  1. Nancy Drew was my constant companion when I was kid! Besides this classic cover artwork, I had an older version with just the cloth covers, no artwork, which had a bit archaic language -Nancy drove a 'roadster' instead of her convertible, for example.

    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete