Monday, June 29, 2009

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about mid-year reading…

Now that we've come to the middle of the year, what do yo think of your 2009 reading so far? Read anything interesting that you'd like to share? Any outstanding favorites?

First, I can't believe tomorrow is the last day in June! Seriously! Where has this year gone? It's going incredibly fast for me. . .

Ok, moving on to my reading. Last year, I read 115 books - the most I've ever read in a year. So this year, I decided I had to top it and set the goal of 120. Currently, I've read 58 books. So, I am pretty much on track. I thought I could finish 2 more by tomorrow, but constant interruptions have derailed me from doing so.

I have to admit since I've discovered reading challenges and started my blog (both last year), my reading has increased and my selection has expanded. I've returned to a genre that will always have a special place in my heart, young adult fiction, and have discovered great young adult authors.

I do have to admit, my favorite list for 2009 is extremely short. On average, I rate a book between 4.0 and 4.5 stars, but last year I read quite a few by mid-year that I rated 5.0 stars. This year, only 3. If I had to choose from those three, I would pick Life Without Summer by Lynne Griffin.

I've noticed I have other books that numerous bloggers have rated highly on my TBR list, so maybe my favorite list will be longer by December 31. We'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment