Monday, May 25, 2009

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about gift certificates…

Do you give gift certificates to book stores as presents? If so, do you give for actual stores or online stores? Do you like to receive them yourself?

I do like to give gift certificates as presents. Unfortunately I don't know many people who enjoy reading (sigh). When I do buy gift certificates, it's usually for Borders or Barnes & Noble. That way they can also buy a DVD or CD.

I, on the other hand, prefer to receive a gift certificate. I've been told on numerous occasions that I'm hard to buy for when it comes to books. To make it easier for them to purchase a book for me, I will either tell them a title of the book to buy or make a list of titles that they can choose from. Normally, I just say "you can always just give me a gift card." For Christmas, one of my presents is always a gift card to Borders.

1 comment:

  1. I feel exactly the same way! I don't have many people to buy books for so I do use Amazon because they can get things besides books.

    As for me, I love getting gift certificates to book stores.

    ReplyDelete