Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

Happy Easter everyone! My morning was spent attending my Easter service at church. I didn't attend the Sonrise service this year, but went to the 8am service instead. My pastor preached a powerful sermon (as he usually does). It's always such a blessing to hear a moving sermon to start the day.

After church I decided to spend some time at Barnes and Noble just to simply browse the shelves and have some me time. I definitely needed to do this for myself. I then came home, made lunch and curled up on my couch to read. I finished reading Still Life by Joy Fielding. I plan to write my review later this week. I'm still reading Never Give Up by Joyce Meyer and listening to 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber.

This week I joined another weekly event hosted by J. Kaye called It's Monday! What are you reading this week? Basically, you list the books you read the previous week and what's on your agenda to read this week. After I discovered this event, I began to think about my own reading schedule. Honestly, I don't have one. I do have an idea which books I would like to read in the current month, but that sometimes changes with my mood or if I check out a "must read" book from the library. I think I may benefit from having a reading schedule, but it needs to be flexible as well. I feel my reading groove is coming back (it was a bit sluggish at the beginning of the year) and I would like to keep it going. But, at the same time, not feel so completely locked in that I start to feel the pressure to read a book just because it's next on my list. There are just so many unread books to choose from (as I discovered today while browsing; the more books I read, the more I feel I have yet to read!). So, next up is Shelter Me by Juliette Fay. I read great reviews about this book and immediately added my name to the wait list.

That's my Sunday. How are you spending your afternoon?

0 comments:

Post a Comment