Monday, December 22, 2008

Musing Mondays


Christmas Book Buying

In these last few days before Christmas, I'm sure there are plenty of us scrambling to get our last minute shopping done. Are you buying any books for friends or family (or even yourself)? Do you expect to receive any bookish gifts from others - books, or book-related?

I don't buy books for Christmas presents.
If I do, it's only due to someone telling me to buy a specific book that he/she wants to read. (In the past, I've bought books for my younger cousins to help build their libraries.) Honestly, most of my friends (and family) do not read as much as I do.

I don't buy books for myself during the holidays either. Usually someone will give me a gift card for Border's. On occasion, I'm sometimes asked for a title that I haven't read, but would like to and will receive it as a present. This year, I did buy a book for myself because I had a 40% coupon at Border's and I could not NOT use it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment