Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

I wasn't sure if I would be able to write a post today or not. I spent all of my day reading Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult. I'm still thinking about this one, so I'm not sure what to say just yet. The ending left me questioning what happened between the two characters. Despite that, it's definitely a typical Jodi book: leaving me full of questions and challenging me to think outside the box. It's these two items that made her one of my favorite authors. (Not to mention her writing style. No one can write quite like she does.) I'll post my review later this week.

I've spent time this week re-organizing my TBR list. I tried a different way of tracking my books, but halfway through realized it wasn't working. So I went back to my old list and just "cleaned it up a bit". After I finished and scrolled down to the last page, I thought I would collapse with the number of books on my list. Actually, it really didn't bother me at all. Now, I'm wondering if I should keep the total number of books or delete it altogether.

I spent a few hours at Border's yesterday trying very hard to spend my 40% coupon and ended up leaving empty handed. Which, is pretty impressive for me. Don't get me wrong... I had several books in my hand, but at the last minute I just decided to put them back. I kept thinking about the books sitting on my shelves that are unread. As hard as it was to walk away from a 40% coupon, I did. Having said that, I quickly reminded myself that the new Alex Cross will be out soon and I'll buy it to add to my collection. I can't wait! Because it's usually released prior to Thanksgiving, I will buy it and immediately put it in my carry-on bag. I start reading it as I wait in the airport to fly home for the holidays. Just a tradition I started a few years ago.

Anyway, while I was at Border's, I did find more books to add to my TBR list. There are two books I'm really interested in: No Time for Goodbye and Too Close to Home, both by Linwood Barclay. I also added more cozy mysteries and a few young adult fiction. Speaking of which, I couldn't escape Twilight mania. Everywhere I looked, there were the books, calendars, announcements about Border's events for the movie opening. Chances are I will probably see the movie, although I'm not sure if I will see it when it's first released.

Well, that's pretty much it from my little corner of the world. I hope everyone had a great Sunday. Until next week...

0 comments:

Post a Comment